The Kindergarten at TCPS provides a small-class atmosphere for Kindergarten students in San Diego.
TCPS provides a consistent curriculum, beginning with the kindergarten program. We designed this success-oriented program to be supportive and challenging — incorporating a focus on teaching kindergarten student how to learn, so they can continue to learn effectively beyond TCPS. Kindergarten teacher Rachel Szalay has been with our school teaching kindergarten in San Diego since 2011.
Set up a tour of the school today or call the school: 858-576-2120
TCPS Kindergarten Curriculum Includes:
– Language Arts: Reading and Writing, Journal Time
– Research and Information Gathering
– Math: Cognitively Guided Instruction, “Real Life” Context
– Independent Work
– Developmentally Appropriate Play Time & Outside Discovery
– Quiet Time & Social Studies
– Science: Environment and Animal Kingdoms
– Social-Emotional Studies
– Library Time
– Cross-Age Activities
TCPS Kindergarten Benefits:
- Kindergarten students feel safe to take risks in an atmosphere that nurtures their self-esteem and teaches responsibility for their own actions.
- A small classroom.
- All students participate in Community Outreach Programs.
- Daycare is available before and after school at a reasonable hourly rate.
- Scholarships and Financial Aid is available.
Registering for Kindergarten:
Understandably, parents see a benefit in not having to pay tuition in a public school setting. However, TCPS believes very strongly in our program and the foundational engagement, excitement, and challenge that is instilled every day in our students as they begin formal schooling. This early investment in a child’s education is vitally important in creating long lasting success and happiness. Students that graduate from college, normally attend school for a minimum of 17 years. Their introduction to kindergartern elementary school should ignite and maintain their passion for lifelong learning throughout their formal schooling and beyond.
Set up a tour of the school today or call the school: 858-576-2120.