The Kindergarten at TCPS provides a small-class atmosphere for Kindergarten students in San Diego.
TCPS provides a consistent curriculum, beginning with the kindergarten program. We designed this success-oriented program to be supportive and challenging — incorporating a focus on teaching kindergarten student how to learn, so they can continue to learn effectively beyond TCPS. Kindergarten teacher Rachel Szalay has been with our school teaching kindergarten in San Diego since 2011.
Set up a tour of the school today or call the school: 858-576-2120
TCPS Kindergarten Curriculum
– Language Arts: Reading and Writing, Journal Time
– Research and Information Gathering
– Math: Importance of Conceptual, Deep Learning, “Real Life” Context
– Hands-On Projects
– Independent Work
– Developmentally Appropriate Play Time & Outside Discovery
– Social Studies
– Science: Environment and Animal Kingdoms
– Social-Emotional Studies
– Library Time
– K-8th Cross-Age Activities
Why TCPS Kindergarten?
TCPS believes in the foundational importance of providing students with engagement, excitement, and challenge every day as they begin formal schooling. This early introduction to this type of education, the way education should be, is vitally important in creating long lasting success and happiness. Students that graduate from college, normally attend school for a minimum of 17 years. Their introduction to kindergarten elementary school should ignite and maintain their passion for lifelong learning throughout their formal schooling and beyond.
TCPS Kindergarten Benefits
- A small classroom (12 students maximum) that provides the individual attention necessary for maximizing growth and development.
- Membership within a small, tight knit school community.
- Kindergarten students feel safe to take risks in an atmosphere that nurtures their self-esteem and teaches responsibility for their own actions.
- All students participate in Community Outreach Programs.
- Daycare is available before and after school at a reasonable hourly rate.
- Financial assistance is available.
Set up a tour of the school today or call the school: 858-576-2120.