One of the founding values of The Child’s Primary School (TCPS) is making a private school education available to as many San Diego families as possible. We believe that a diverse community composed of families from many different backgrounds provides a wonderful learning environment for everyone on campus. For this reason, we strive to keep tuition as low as possible and offer a strong financial assistance program for students who might otherwise not be able to attend.
Tuition and Fees for 2019-2020:
- Kindergarten – Grade 2: $12,900
- Grades 3-5: $16,900
- Grades 6-8: $19,000 (includes middle school camp)
- Daycare: $7/hour
- Tuition Recovery Reserve: $250 (required for all enrolled students)
Tuition may be paid in full or in ten monthly installments. If families choose to pay in monthly installments, there are no additional fees or finance charges.
Affording a Private School education for your family:
Financial aid program
The goal of the Admissions Committee is to offer placement to students who we believe will experience success in the TCPS program. In order to achieve this goal, the committee carefully considers each applicant without regard to financial need. TCPS awards financial assistance based on a family’s demonstrated need as determined by our third-party provider, the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS). When filling out an application with SSS, you can find TCPS in the SSS database by searching for us by name, or by using our SSS school code, which is 2387. When applying, families are asked to:
- Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) form online at www.solutionsbysss.com/parents/ or click here.
- Parents will need to have their prior year income taxes on hand to complete the PFS and must upload their tax form with the completed PFS. (e.g. 2017 Form 1040 for those applying for 2019-2020.)
- *For priority consideration complete the financial assistance application by the priority deadline. For new applicants for 2019-2020 admission, the priority deadline to submit your application for financial assistance is February 1, 2019.
Since the level of financial assistance funding may change year to year, TCPS is unable to guarantee automatic renewal. For this reason, it is important that families desiring financial assistance ensure that they complete the application process for each year that they desire financial assistance by the deadline for that year. Returning families will receive a reminder of the deadline if they wish to apply for financial assistance in future years. For current TCPS families, the deadline to apply for renewal is January 4, 2019.
TCPS values diversity and provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants for its educational programs, financial assistance, and educational activities. TCPS prohibits discrimination against any person on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, creed or national origin.