Apply online now by clicking the link below. Our priority deadline has passed, and we are now considering applications on a rolling admission basis until classes are filled.
Kindergarten – One spot remaining.
First and Second Grades – Limited openings available.
Other grades, please submit inquiry form or call for availability.
2020-2021 Applications will be available online after October 1, 2019 with a priority deadline of January 31, 2020.
Kindergarten – 2nd Grade Open House Dates
Saturday, November 2, 2019 & Saturday, January 25, 2020
10 am – 12 noon
All School Open House: Thursday, November 7, 6:00 – 7:30 pm
How to Apply
1. Schedule a Tour
Please click here to schedule a tour. You may also contact us by phone at (858) 576-2120. During the tour you will have the opportunity to ask questions, visit our classrooms, and learn about what makes The Child’s Primary School (TCPS) a unique educational community.
2. Apply Online: Click here to start your application today!
- Complete an Online Application for each student you wish to be considered, which also includes records release and the permission to evaluate, as well as payment of a $125 application fee.
- Teacher Recommendation – This will be sent by email to your child’s teacher and is to be completed by one of the student’s teachers if in grades K-5, and by two teachers (math, English) for students entering middle school (grades 6-8).
3. Schedule an Evaluation
Once all materials are complete, we will schedule a time for your child to meet with one of our teachers for the evaluation. The goal of this 45-minute interview is to begin to get to know your child.
- We are now in our Rolling Admissions period for 2019-2020 admissions. Please apply ASAP for limited openings in all grades, especially in Kindergarten, 4th, 6th and 7th grades.
- During rolling admissions decisions can be expected within 2 weeks of the application file and evaluation being completed.
AFFORDING PRIVATE SCHOOL
At TCPS we recognize the decision to attend an independent private school represents a significant and important investment in your child’s education. Independent schools such as TCPS can offer a unique academic experience of small classes and attention from teachers and staff that is highly sought after, but difficult to provide in a larger school environment. We appreciate your interest in TCPS and strive to assist as many families as possible to make this an affordable choice.
Financial Assistance is Available
Financial assistance is available on a sliding scale for those who qualify. Financial assistance decisions are made by our Admissions Committee with guidance by a third party advisor who administers the application. Please see our Tuition and Financial Assistance page here for important deadlines and information regarding the application process.
*Non-discrimination statement: TCPS values diversity in its students, faculty and staff. TCPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, creed or national origin in the administration of its admission, financial aid or employment determination.