Apply online now by clicking the link below. Our priority deadline has passed, and we are now considering applications on a rolling admission basis until classes are filled. We have limited openings in select classes including 2nd and 3rd grade. Some grades may have wait lists. Please submit an inquiry, call or email to enquire about your grade of interest.
2021-2022 Applications will be available online beginning in October! Apply in fall by November 30 for early consideration especially in grades that are currently full and will have limited openings. Submit applications by February 1, 2021 priority deadline for consideration in the first regular round of consideration. Email our admissions office directly at email@example.com or submit an online inquiry for more information.
Kindergarten – 2nd Grade Open House Dates to be announced
All School Open House: TBD
How to Apply
1. Schedule a Tour
Please click here to schedule a tour. You may also contact us by phone at (858) 576-2120. During the tour you will have the opportunity to ask questions, visit our classrooms, and learn about what makes The Child’s Primary School (TCPS) a unique educational community.
2. Apply Online: Click here to start your application today!
- Complete an Online Application for each student you wish to be considered, which also includes records release and the permission to evaluate, as well as payment of a $125 application fee.
- Teacher Recommendation – This will be sent by email to your child’s teacher and is to be completed by one of the student’s teachers if in grades K-5, and by two teachers (math, English) for students entering middle school (grades 6-8).
3. Schedule an Evaluation
Once all materials are complete, we will schedule a time for your child to meet with one of our teachers for their evaluation. The goal of this 45-minute interview is to begin to get to know your child.
Following the on-campus evaluation we will let you know if we need any additional information prior to making an admissions determination.
- We are now in our Rolling Admissions period. Apply ASAP for limited openings for 2020-2021, on a space available basis.
- Admissions decisions during this period can be expected within 1-2 weeks of the application file and evaluation being completed.
AFFORDING PRIVATE SCHOOL
At TCPS we recognize the decision to attend an independent private school represents a significant and important investment in your child’s education. Independent schools such as TCPS can offer a unique academic experience of small classes and attention from teachers and staff that is highly sought after, but difficult to provide in a larger school environment. We appreciate your interest in TCPS and strive to assist as many families as possible to make this an affordable choice.
Financial Assistance is Available
Financial assistance is available on a sliding scale for those who qualify. Financial assistance decisions are made by our Admissions Committee with guidance by a third party advisor which administers the application. Please see our Tuition and Financial Assistance page here for important deadlines and information regarding the application process.
*Non-discrimination statement: TCPS values diversity in its students, faculty and staff. TCPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, orientation, creed or national origin in the administration of its admission, financial aid or employment determination.