One of the founding values of The Child’s Primary School (TCPS) is making a private education available to as many San Diego families as possible. We believe that a diverse community composed of families from many different backgrounds provides a wonderful learning environment for all of us. For this reason, we strive to keep tuition as low as possible and offer a strong financial assistance program for students who would otherwise not be able to attend.
Tuition and Fees for 2017-18:
- Grades K-5: $16,200
- Grades 6-8: $18,250 (Includes middle school camp)
- Daycare: $7/hour
- Tuition Recovery Reserve: $250 (required on all monthly payment accounts)
Tuition may be paid in full or in ten monthly installments. If families choose to pay in monthly installments, there are no fees or finance charges.
The goal of the Admissions Committee is to offer placement to students who we believe will experience success in the TCPS program. In order to achieve this goal, the committee carefully considers each applicant and does not know if an applicant has applied for financial aid. TCPS awards financial assistance based on the family’s demonstrated need. In order to determine a family’s need, TCPS utilizes the School and Student Service for Financial Aid (SSS). Families are asked to:
- Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) form, which may be obtained at TCPS, and submit the form to SSS.
- Parents will need to complete their income taxes prior to completing the PFS.
- Draft a letter stating the exact amount of the scholarship requested, and why TCPS is the school they desire for their child. This letter should be submitted to the Head of School.
- It is important to note that this form should be completed as early as possible in the calendar year in which your child will be beginning at TCPS.
Since the level of scholarship funding changes year to year, TCPS is unable to guarantee automatic scholarship renewal. For this reason, it is important that families desiring scholarships ensure that they complete the application process for each year that they desire financial assistance.
TCPS provides equal opportunity for all qualified applicants for its educational programs, scholarship programs, and educational activities. TCPS prohibits discrimination against any person on the ground of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion or disability.